Actual start date: June 15, 2019
You are watching a live stream of Strasburg, Pennsylvania, USA, for people who enjoy watching trains.
Special thanks the Strasburg Rail Road Company for hosting this cam. Visit them on the web and check out their steam excursions, events and everything they offer:
You are welcome to join our family friendly chat, but keep in mind that there’s a community with rules already established. Please check them out below.
Duplication or distribution of our videos is STRICTLY prohibited without permission. Official policy here:
• Be polite and respectful
• Please use English, we need a single language to be able to understand each other. If you’re not fluent, use a translator such as Google Translate:
• Don’t post in ALL CAPS or use excessive emojis, letters or characters.
• Don’t discuss politics, religion, race, sex, violence, disturbing details about train or vehicle accidents, or anything like that. We try to be mindful of any children who may be watching.
• Don’t use the terms “foamer” or “foaming” in your comments or your username. Many railfans find them derogatory and offensive.
• The conversation here is trains, and please remember that it needs to come first.
• Please keep personal details out of the chat. Remember, you are sharing information with hundreds of people, not just those directly involved in the chat.
• Don’t ask to become a moderator. It’s earned. If we’re interested in your assistance, we will contact you.
• Please don’t use our chats to seek attention, stand on your soapbox, or criticize other people’s presences or contributions
• Just be nice, it’s amazing what happens when we’re all nice to each other.
THINGS THAT WILL GET YOU BANNED:
• Inappropriate usernames or avatars
• Coming into chat for the sole purpose of asking for subscriptions (subs) or to blatantly promote your channel
• Being intentionally disruptive, creating arguments or any other jerk-like behavior
• Not following the moderators’ instructions
ABOUT THIS FEED:
Strasburg, Pennsylvania is located 62 miles west of Philadelphia. The Strasburg Rail Road has been in existence since 1832, and it’s the country’s oldest short line railroad. It offers steam excursions featuring engines 89, 90 and 475, with periodic excursions of Thomas and Percy. Strasburg Rail Road continues to function as a short line, with railcar-to-truck transfer of grains, bulk feed additives, dry fertilizers, lumber, steel, bedding, and bio-fuel.
To the right of the tower, you can see the Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania:
The other camera is located at Leaman Place in Paradise, which offers 11-12 Amtrak Keystone Service trains a day, some NS Freight, and the turn around of the Strasburg Railroad excursions.
Amtrak trains 42 & 43 ” The Pennsylvanian ” also pass the Paradise camera.
You can find the daily schedule of trains here:
ABOUT VIRTUAL RAILFAN:
Virtual Railfan currently has 81 cams at 50 locations in 25 states and 4 countries. Visit our website for memberships and more cams. Thanks for stopping by, we’re glad you’re here!
Links to the Free VRF YouTube Cams.
Links for Virtual Railfan Members – Full Cam List:
Know a good location for a camera? We’d love to hear! Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any contacts in the area, please let us know.