Job Title: Automotive Sales Consultant
Reports to: Sales Management Team
Pay Rate/Salary Range: Draw on Commission
Position Type: Full-Time
The automotive sales consultant is responsible for selling new and pre-owned vehicles at dealership volume, gross profit and customer satisfaction standards. This position includes four broad areas of activity: personal work/time management, prospecting, selling and follow-up.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Establish personal income goals that are consistent with dealership standards of productivity, and devise strategies to meet those goals.
- Review and analyze actions at the end of each day, week, month and year to determine how to better utilize time and plan more effectively.
- Report to the Sales Management Team regarding objectives, planned activities, reviews and analyses.
- Keep abreast of incoming inventory, product features, accessories, etc., and how they benefit customers.
- Understand and comply with federal, state and local laws which govern retail auto sales.
- Attend sales meetings and training sessions as scheduled.
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with the Dealership’s vision, mission and values in all interactions with customers, co-workers and suppliers.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and safety standards.
- Update/maintain customer relations management system (CRM) information from phone calls, internet leads, mail campaigns, referrals and customer follow-up.
- Keep the dealership in the minds of your prospects and customers on an on-going basis.
- Make your customer feel welcome and identify the purpose of their visit.
- Ask questions and actively listen to learn as much as you can about your customer’s wants and needs so that you show them the most appropriate model or models and can know how to personalize the vehicle’s features.
- Present the right vehicle, the right features and the right amount of information and do so in a way that is organized and based on the customer’s needs.
- Create mental ownership during the test drive; that is, have the customer imagine and feel what it would be like to own the vehicle they are driving.
- Clearly present the information and numbers associated with financing the vehicle.
- Present and finalize the terms and options the customer has for taking ownership of the vehicle.
- Use any available wait time to introduce customer to the website, introduce them to the service department and schedule their first service appointment.
- Work with the service and detail departments to ensure that the vehicle is prepped as expected and on schedule; conduct a final inspection prior to delivery.
- Deliver vehicle using owner’s manual by presenting the right amount of information in the right amount of time.
- Make follow up call(s) to customer regarding “we-owe” status, or to answer questions and to make sure they are completely satisfied.
- Call customer to remind them of their first service appointment and ask for referrals.
- Utilize the CRM system to maintain customer relationships that encourage repeat and referral business and contributes to customer satisfaction.
Qualification & Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily in a professional manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or the equivalent.
- Prior sales experience preferred.
- Experience providing quality customer service.
Skills & Knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Organization and follow-up skills.
- Computer skills.
APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED BY:
Fax or email: 724.229.5180 or email@example.com
Mail: Washington Auto Mall | 307 Washington Rd | Washington, PA 15301